Role Title: Final Finish Volunteer
Responsible to: Final Finish Worker/ Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible for: Assisting with the workload of the Final Finish Worker
Hours of Work: 4 or more hours per week
Location: The Brick Works, 4 Hodson Street, Wigan, WN3 4EN & in the community
Main purpose of role
The Final Finish Volunteer Role is key to supporting the existing Final Finish team complete the required renovations to properties that have been allocated. The Final Finish Volunteer will also support the individuals using our service that also engage with this project with self-esteem, confidence and wellbeing.
About the organisation
Queen’s Hall Action on Poverty (QHAP) is dedicated to delivering sustainable, quality and effective services to the people of Wigan and Leigh. QHAP is a Christian Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. Our services include
- The Brick Works
- The Brick Shop
- The ReWorks
- The Brick Project – including food bank, outreach, crisis intervention and emergency access accommodation.
Our Organisation provides several homelessness services to the Wigan Borough.
- Practical support with renovations such as fitting blinds and curtains, painting and measuring up properties accurately.
- Be a positive member of The Brick team when out and about in the community and dealing with members of the public and partnership agencies.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Participate in initial and ongoing training
- Be responsible, as required, for health and safety issues, including safeguarding.
- Monitor own wellbeing and capacity and draw on Brick support as appropriate
- Be a positive representative of The Brick and the Queens Hall Action on Poverty
Training and Support:
Induction training will be provided as well as ongoing training and support.
Supervision (One to One’s with Team Lead):
QHAP will repay the cost of travel to and from The Brick for volunteering sessions and your mileage should you be required to use your own vehicle.
The nature of the Final Finish volunteer is to help create a reliable and dedicated Final Finish Team. It would be expected after training that the volunteer would commit to a regular session or sessions and the hours of those sessions subject to requested leave or arrange with their designated trainee ad hoc dates that suits them both.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualities
- Knowledge of and practical skills in general painting and decorating work areas
- Non-judgemental asset based approach
- Friendly and kind with those using our service, staff and other volunteers
- The ability to work well as part of a team and independently when necessary
- Reliability and commitment
- Basic numeracy/literacy
- Flexibility and willing to help in other departments
- Willingness to participate in relevant training and information sessions
Please download the attached documents for more information and return completed application forms to email@example.com