Role Title: Group Session Mini Bus Driver Volunteer
Responsible to: Activities Coordinator / Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible for: Providing support, guidance and practical help by way of transporting individuals partaking in Group Sessions and Activities
Hours of Work: 4 or more hours per week
Location: Across QHAP sites and off site where necessary
Main purpose of role
To provide support, guidance and practical help to those individuals accessing group sessions, work placements and activities on and off site at The Brick by way of driving The Brick’s mini bus. To provide support and practical help to staff and group sessions leaders.
About the organisation
Queen’s Hall Action on Poverty (QHAP) is dedicated to delivering sustainable, quality and effective services to the people of Wigan and Leigh. QHAP is a Christian Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. Our services include
- The Brick Works
- The Brick Shop
- The ReWorks
- The Brick Project – including food bank, outreach, crisis intervention and emergency access accommodation.
Our Organisation provides several homelessness services to the Wigan Borough.
- Participate in initial and ongoing training
- Establish appropriate boundaries and rapport
- Provide support, guidance and encouragement in the group sessions
- Provide support and practical help to staff, other volunteers and group sessions leaders
- Respect the individuals opinions, feelings and lifestyle
- Maintain records as required, both paper and electronic
- Liaise with Brick staff, working as a team to signpost and solve problems
- Attend review meetings as required
- Participate in supervision meetings as required
- Maintain confidentiality
- Be responsible, as required, for health and safety issues, including safeguarding
- Monitor own wellbeing and capacity and draw on Brick Project support as appropriate
- Be a positive representative of The Brick and the Queens Hall Action on Poverty
Training and Support:
Induction training will be provided as well as ongoing training and support.
Supervisions are not scheduled but we encourage you to request one with your team lead of volunteer coordinator at any point you feel this would be beneficial or as and when a concern arises.
QHAP will repay the cost of travel to and from the projects for volunteering sessions.
The nature of the Group Session Volunteer role is to develop a professional relationship with the individuals partaking and to be a practical help and support to the Brick team. It would be expected after training that the volunteer would commit to a regular session and the hours of that session subject to requested leave. Commitment is also expected with regards to attending scheduled supervisions, team meetings and training as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualities
- Understanding the range of possible issues that may be presented by the individuals partaking in group sessions
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to show empathy with the individuals situation
- Non-judgemental approach
- Comfortable handling emotionally sensitive information
- Flexibility and willing to help in other departments
- Reliable and trustworthy
Please download the attached documents for more information and return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org