Role Title: Administrative Volunteer
Responsible to: Admin Team/Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible for: Assisting in administrative tasks
Hours of Work: 4 or more hours per week
Location: The Brick Project & The Brick Works – Wigan
Main purpose of role
The role of the Administrative Volunteer is essential in supporting the full time Admin Team at The Brick. The Brick as an organisation is constantly evolving and growing and this means a lot more work all round. To have the support of a reliable and professional volunteer in an admin role will increase productivity, efficiency and confidence amongst the team which in turn will benefit the whole organisation and those we support.
The Brick Project & The Brick Works are part of The Queens Hall Action on Poverty and The Brick Project.
About the organisation
Queen’s Hall Action on Poverty (QHAP) is dedicated to delivering sustainable, quality and effective services to the people of Wigan and Leigh. QHAP is a Christian Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. Our services include
- The Brick Works
- The Brick Shop
- The ReWorks
- The Brick Project – including food bank, outreach, crisis intervention and emergency access accommodation.
Our Organisation provides several homelessness services to the Wigan Borough.
- General admin duties such as data entry, scanning, filing, copying, taking and making telephone calls.
- Attend meetings as required
- Participate in supervision meetings as required
- Maintain confidentiality at all times on all levels
- Participate in initial and ongoing training
- Be responsible, as required, for health and safety issues, including safeguarding.
- Monitor own wellbeing and capacity and draw on Brick support as appropriate
- Be a positive representative of The Brick and the Queens Hall Action on Poverty
Training and Support:
Induction training will be provided as well as ongoing training and support.
Supervision (One to One’s with Team Lead):
Supervisions are not scheduled but we encourage you to request one with your team lead or volunteer coordinator at any point you feel this would be beneficial or as and when a concern arises.
QHAP will repay the cost of travel to and from the sites for volunteering sessions.
The nature of the Administration Volunteer role is to assist the Admin Team in their work load. The volunteer in this post needs to commit to the hours agreed wherever possible so they can become a dependable and valued member of the team.
Commitment is also expected with regards to attending supervision, team meetings and training as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualities
- Administration and organisational skills
- Clear communication and able to use initiative
- Time and workload management
- Multitasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Non-judgemental approach
- Friendly, enthusiastic and professional with staff, volunteers, partner agencies and members of the public.
- The ability to work well as part of a team and independently when necessary
- Reliability and commitment
- Basic numeracy/literacy
- Flexibility and willing to help in other departments
- Willingness to participate in relevant training and information sessions
Please download the attached documents for more information and return completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org