Role Title: Final Finish Volunteer
Responsible to: Final Finish Mentor
Responsible for: N/A
Hours of Work: Monday, Wednesday & Friday (or any one of these days)
Main purpose of role
We are looking for people with DIY and basic decorating skills to join our ‘Final Finish’ Team to help improve properties within our community. ‘Final Finish’ also provides people with meaningful skills and opportunities.
About the organisation
Queen’s Hall Action on Poverty (QHAP) is dedicated to delivering sustainable, quality and effective services to the people of Wigan and Leigh. QHAP is a Christian Charity and a Company Limited by Guarantee. Our services include
- The Brick Works
- The Brick Shop
- The ReWorks
- The Brick Project – including food bank, outreach, crisis intervention and emergency access accommodation.
Our Organisation provides several homelessness services to the Wigan Borough.
- Provide DIY services to help improve properties for those who are using our services.
- Offer basic decorating skills.
- Fit blinds in properties and some decorating of properties assigned to tenants
- Work closely with the Final Finish Mentor.
- Maintain confidentiality of the individuals using the service.
- Participate in initial and ongoing training.
- Monitor own wellbeing and capacity and draw on Brick support as appropriate
- Be a positive representative of The Brick and the Queens Hall Action on Poverty
Training and Support:
Induction training will be provided as well as ongoing training and support.
Supervision (One to One’s with Team Lead):
Supervisions are not scheduled but we encourage you to request one with your team lead or volunteer coordinator at any point you feel this would be beneficial or as and when a concern arises.
QHAP will repay the cost of travel to and from the projects for volunteering sessions within borough.
Commitment: We are looking for a reliable and committed volunteer who can help out on any of the three days offered.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualities
- Basic Knowledge of decorating properties
- Basic DIY knowledge
- Some knowledge of the building trade would be beneficial.
- Friendly and kind with individuals using the service, staff and other volunteers
- Reliability and commitment
- Basic numeracy/literacy
- Willingness to participate in relevant training and information sessions
Please download the attached documents for more information and return completed application forms to email@example.com