Bringing the Gift of Dignity to Wigan & Leigh This Christmas
Help us make this festive season unforgettable for every family in Wigan & Leigh!
About the Campaign: This year, more than ever, we need your support to ensure that every family can enjoy a festive dinner and unwrap a gift on Christmas day.
Last Christmas, a staggering 51.7% of households in our borough were recorded as deprived. This Christmas, we invite you to join us in supporting an alternative approach to giving, where parents and caregivers can choose their children’s presents and food from your lovingly donated items.
Your Impact: ✨ Your generosity can make a world of difference, just like it did last year when, with your help, hundreds of families in Wigan and Leigh facing hardship were able to have a memorable Christmas.
Here’s what some of our visitors had to say:
- “I couldn’t afford anything for the kids, then I came for my shop and could choose presents for them. I was so grateful.”
- “It’s been a lifesaver for us this Christmas, being able to choose my own food and toys, we didn’t have anything.”
- “Everyone is going to have something to open at Christmas thanks to you.”
Let’s continue spreading hope and joy this festive season. You can make a meaningful impact by donating items from our Christmas food and gift list. Your contribution will go a long way in supporting families and individuals experiencing poverty right here in Wigan & Leigh.
📍 Donation Locations:
- St. George’s Church, 65 Water Street, Wigan WN1 1DN
- Community Drop-off Points: Asda Robin Park, Lidl Wigan (Darlington St), Sainsbury’s Marus Bridge, Tesco Hindley, and Standish Medical Centre.
Together, we can make this Christmas a little brighter for our community.
Donation Deadline: Our cut off point for donations is Friday, December 9th. Thank you for your generosity.